OS X 10.7+ Installation
- Turn on WiFi and connect to the URI_Open network.
- Open a browser and go to wifi.uri.edu
- Select Students, Staff.
- Login using your URI Credentials
- Under Mac OS X Lion, Mountain Lion & Mavericks, click Download for Mac 10.7 & Newer.
- Find the downloaded network.mobileconfig and click to install.
- When prompted to Install “URI Secure Wireless TLS”?, click Install.
- If prompted, type the password for your computer.
- URI_Secure should now be configured. To connect, click on the WiFi icon and select URI_Secure.
- Check your computer’s date and time. If your laptop battery has died recently, the date may have been reset. URI_Secure uses SSL certificates and will not work with an incorrect date.
- Delete any saved wireless credentials in keychain and any saved configurations in Network Configuration or System Profiles.
- Repair disk permissions.
- If you need help, contact the ITS Help Desk: (401) 874-4357.