URI_Secure on Macintosh
To connect to URI_Secure on OS X, follow the instructions for your version of OS X.
OS X 10.7+ Installation
Mobileconfig installation is only supported on Macintosh OS X 10.7 and higher. If you are using OS X 10.5 or 10.6, see the Instructions for 10.5 – 10.6
- Turn on Airport and connect to the URI_Open network.
- Click here to download the profile.
- Navigate to where the .mobileconfig downloaded and click on the file to launch the Profile Configuration Tool.
- When prompted to Install “URI Wireless”?, click Continue.
- You will be asked to Enter settings for “URI Wireless”; enter your URI Credentials then click Install.
- Username: Your eCampus username
- Password: Your mail password (see URI Credentials)
- If prompted, type the password for your computer.
- URI_Secure should now be configured. To connect, click on the airport icon and select URI_Secure.
- Note that the configuration only saved your credentials for further use and did not test them. If you entered an incorrect username or password, connecting will fail and you will have to repeat the profile configuration.
OS X 10.5 – 10.6 Installation
- Turn on Airport and select URI_Open. Try browsing to the internet.
- You should be redirected to a page and prompted to install the XpressConnect app.
- If the XpressConnect page does not open, go to safeconnect.uri.edu:8008/html/xpc/index.html
- Check I accept the End-User License Agreement and click Start.
- Proceed to the link that says Click here to load XpressConnect.
- XpressConnect should open in a new window. Enter your URI Credentials.
- You may be asked to enter your credentials for the machine you are on. Do so and continue.
- When the process finishes, open Airport and select URI_Secure.
- Check your computer’s date and time. If your laptop battery has died recently, the date may have been reset. URI_Secure uses SSL certificates and will not work with an incorrect date.
- Verify that you are using the correct username and password as explained in URI Credentials.
- Delete any saved wireless credentials in keychain and any saved configurations in Network Configuration or System Profiles.
- Repair disk permissions.
- If you need help, contact the ITS Help Desk: (401) 874-4357.
Manual Configuration (OS X 10.4 – 10.6)
To configure URI Secure manually on OS X 10.4-6, follow these steps; 10.7+ does not support manual configuration directly. 10.7+ users must follow the Profile Installation Instructions.
- Open Network Preferences. (Click the AirPort icon and select it from the drop down)
- Select URI_Secure for Network Name and click Advanced at the bottom.
- Click the 802.1X tab.
- Click the plus sign in the bottom left and select Add User Profile. Name it whatever you like.
- Enter your URI Credentials, select URI_Secure for Wireless Network.
- Make sure TTLS is the only option checked off. Select it and click Configure
- For TTLS Inner Authentication, select PAP. For Outer Identity, enter your eCampus username or leave it blank (it’s optional).