iPad, iPhone, iPod
- Enable WiFi on your device and select URI_Open. Try browsing to the internet.
- You should be redirected to a page with a Faculty, Staff, and Students lock; click on the lock to begin the configuration process.
- If the XpressConnect page does not open, go to safeconnect.uri.edu:8008/html/xpc/index.html
- A dialog box opens. Click Ok.
- You will be brought to a page (much like the app store). Click Install. When told that the certificate will be added to the list of trusted certificates, click Install Now.
- Enter your URI Credentials.
- When completed, go back to the Wifi network list and select URI_Secure. You are now connected to the secure network.
- If you have previously attempted to connect to URI_Secure, try removing the URI Wireless profile before attempting to run XpressConnect again. Settings » General » Profile » Remove
- Try clearing your browser’s cache to ensure that you are downloading the latest config.
- If nothing else works, try resetting your network settings by tapping Settings » General » Reset » Reset Network Settings; you should not need to reset your device to factory defaults. This will remove all of your saved network information.