- Connect to URI_Open and follow the instructions to configure the URI_Secure network.
- You will be brought to a web page that prompts you to install the XpressConnect app.
- If this does not happen automatically, go to http://safeconnect.uri.edu:8008/html/xpc/android.html
- Click the link labeled Click here to install the XpressConnect app.
- You will be forwarded to the android market to install the XpressConnect app.
ISSUE: Android users unable to download XpressConnect application from the Market while connected to URI_Open.
Workaround Identified: Users should disconnect from URI_Open to download the XpressConnect application from the Market. After installing XpressConnect, users should connect to URI_Open and complete the configuration.
- After installing XpressConnect, open up a web browser again.
- If the XpressConnect page is not still open, go to safeconnect.uri.edu:8008/html/xpc/android.html.
- Click the link labeled Click on this link to be walked through the configuration of your android device.
- The XpressConnect application will open and prompt you for your URI Credentials.
- After entering your credentials, click continue. Your Android device will be configured to access URI_Secure and connect automatically.
- From your Home Screen, open the main menu and select Settings.
- Within Settings, select Wireless & Networks.
- Select the checkbox to Turn on Wi-Fi.
- Select Wi-Fi settings.
- Scroll through the network list and select URI_Secure.
- On the configuration screen for URI_Secure, select the following settings:
- EAP Method: TTLS
- Phase 2 Authentication: PAP
- CA Certificate: http://security.uri.edu/download/Wireless_Certs/SVRSecureG3.cer
- This Certificate must be copied to your device and imported via Settings » Location & Security » Credential Storage » Install From SD Card.
- Identity: Your URI eCampus Username. (See URI Credentials)
- Anonymous Identity: Leave blank.
- Password: Your URI mail password. (See URI Credentials)