The McAfee Agent allows for managed policy and task operation of antimalware products through the ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) server. The Information Security Office (ISO) maintain a central console to set and administer security guidelines for computer systems within the University network through this system. For example, ISO can provide McAfee VirusScan updates locally rather than requiring the user to obtain them directly from McAfee.
The Agent is the University supported method of installation for all Windows McAfee products. When it is first installed it will immediately attempt to contact the server to download and install the latest security products and configurations.
- Download the Agent here to your desktop
- Double click URI-McAfee-Agent.exe
- Wait for the installation to complete
- Note: This may take a few moments
- Click OK; the installation is now complete