Select a download link below:
- Download the latest version of the McAfee Agent software to your Desktop folder from the Download Center on the right (Ctrl+Click, Save File As, Save to Desktop). This McAfee Agent is required to download and install the latest virus protection (Currently McAfee Security for Mac 1.0).
- If you have a PowerPC processor, certain components will not work properly. You can download an older version here – McAfee AntiVirus 8.5i Mac PPC
- Open a terminal window (Finder > Go > Utilities > Terminal).
- Type cd ~/Desktop/
- Type the command ls and make sure “McAfee-Agent-45.bin” is there
- Type in sudo sh McAfee-Agent-45.bin -i and hit enter.
- When prompted, enter your password..
- When the process finishes, reboot your computer.
- The McAfee Agent should now be installed on your computer and should begin grabbing updates and enforcing policies..